Monday, March 26, 2012

A Big Week

Rather than trying to put up a post today, I thought I would just share what is going on in my life this week (as well as one thing that's happening with my church). It's kind of a big week, so this will serve to let you know what's going on - as well as how to pray for me/my family, if I may be so bold as to ask.

Tuesday, March 27
I will be on the Moody Radio broadcast of This is the Day at 10am. Feel free to listen or stream it online. Some of the folks at Moody have been keeping up with this blog as well as Christen's and asked me to come in to talk about her life and legacy and how the Lord has been working in and through me since her passing.

Thursday, March 29
This day would have marked Christen's 30th birthday. She was really looking forward to turning 30, and she had been determined to be in the best shape of her life. Strangely, this has come true - her glorified body is most certainly an improvement on anything we could conceive of here! For those who may wonder, I will be having a quiet evening at home, just me and the kids. We'll have some sort of celebration for her, but it'll just be for us - they're sure to keep it lighter than my heart will feel!

Friday-Saturday, March 30-31
My home church, the Chicago Tabernacle, will be putting on several presentations of its unique drama, the Story of Love. I assure you, this intense production is well worth your time. If you already know and love Jesus, you'll love Him more. If you don't know him at all, this is a great opportunity to find out what He thinks of you and what He did on your behalf. Check out the details here. For those wanting to honor Christen's birthday, here's an idea: bring someone to the Story of Love so that they would hear the gospel.

Please pray for me and my family this week as we seek to continue to honor Christen's life, a life truly well lived. I am not expecting this week to be an easy one. The reality of her passing continues to..well...become more real. Personally, I have missed her more in the past week than I had been recently. I am thankful for an amazingly supportive friends and family network. I will certainly be leaning on them in the coming days.

In addition, pray for the exceptional leaders, staff, and volunteers who have labored to put together the Story of Love. They have put in many thankless hours, and what they have done to bring out the already exceptional story of God's love for His people is nothing short of remarkable. Please consider attending and inviting others to attend.

Thank you for your continued readership. I consider it an honor and a privilege that what I write gets read by anyone, much less appreciated. So, thank you. I look forward to what the Lord does next through this simple endeavor. God bless you all!

2 comments:

  1. Joe...I don't know you. My sister Lorett fowards your link to me everytime you post. Each time I read your words.. I can't help but to cry.. I feel a pain in my stomach...in my throat...in my heart... not a pity pain... a deeper pain... a pain of not understanding how you function every day....but then the answer is right in front of me. Your faith in Jesus is what gets you up to function...and this alone has me thirsty for God's love. I have a 3yr old and a 10mth old. Every day I see my husband and kids... I think of Christen... I do. I didn't know her... yet I think of her constantly most when I look in my child's eyes...You inspire me Joe... You move me...I know you have moments of anger - it's natural... yet you never display it or lose your faith...and that to me...is...where I long to be...Thank you for being so unselfish...Thank you. KNL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family this week. God is going to use this story in ways you probably can't even imagine. Hold on and keep breathing!

    ReplyDelete