Thursday, April 12, 2012

Putting It to a Vote

I am at a place where I have so much I'd like to write about for Theology Thursdays that I can't distill it down and focus on one thing. So, since I am an American (read: Amurrikn), I'm going to put it to a vote. Please either place your vote as a comment to this blog or on Facebook. One vote per person, since I will be the one counting them all.

I am going to put up a few topics to be covered in the coming weeks here on Theology Thursdays, but you may also propose your own topic if what you'd really like me write about isn't listed. The top vote-getter will be covered first, and then I will continue in descending order from there. Depending on the breadth/depth of the topic, some will be one-and-done posts while others will require a series. To the list!

- How to study the Bible (including a conversation on the validity of the Bible)
- How am I saved? (including a conversation on Free will/Arminianism & Predestination/Calvinism)
- How to be in the world but not of it
- What is 'church'?
- Is God good?
- Is hell real?

The voting will be open until midnight on Saturday (technically Sunday), and I will reveal the results first thing on Monday. Take a moment to cast your vote here or on Facebook, and share this with friends so they may also participate.

Happy voting!

7 comments:

  1. My vote is for How to be in the world but not of it!!
    and of course the other topics will be a great read too!!
    Praying continually for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good topics, but the one that I've been processing over is the church. My on-going or foundational question isn't that the Church (capital C) is a negative, but what if we didn't have the word church? What would that look like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In order:
    1) How am I saved (with a big focus on the issue of Predestination...I have some kids struggling with this idea right now, and I'm just not educated enough right now to answer some of their questions)
    2) How to study the Bible
    3) What is "church"?
    4) How to be IN the world but not OF it
    5) Is Hell real (it might be fun to discuss WHERE is Heaven and Hell [Is Heaven literally "up"? Is Hell literally "down"?])?
    6) Is God good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How to study the Bible and be assured of its validity seems like the foundational topic upon which your explanations/evidence for the rest of the list will depend. In my opinion, accepting the Bible as God's own revelation to us and all people for all time, therefore the Truth against which all other claims are measured is essential to building any other theological systems or arguments. Also, being better equipped to go to the Word for additional study following each of your posts would be beneficial. That's my pitch. Looking forward to all of the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Canon. How it came about. How God's hand was seen throughout what we call our Holy Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How am I saved, Calvinism vs. Arminianism

    ReplyDelete