Monday, April 16, 2012

And the Winner Is....

The votes have all been cast for what I'll be covering over the next several weeks (maybe months?) of Theology Thursdays. Here is how it all panned out, in order of most votes/what will be covered first:

1) How to study the Bible (including a conversation on the validity of the Bible)
2) How to be in the world but not of it
3) How am I saved? (including a conversation on Free will/Arminianism & Predestination/Calvinism)
4) What is 'church'?
5) Is God good?
6) Is hell real?
7) Romans 10: 9-10 (that's for you, Frank!)


I appreciated not only the votes but also that you all provided some explanations as to why you want the topic you voted for to be covered. I will incorporate those questions/additional thoughts into what I write.

Based on the weight and depth of these topics, most of them will likely be split into multiple posts - I can promise that will be the case for the first 3 topics at least. I don't want to write a book in one post, but I want to be thorough in my explanation of each. So, anticipate 2-3 posts on How to study the Bible, probably 2 posts on being in the world but not of it, and potentially 3-4 posts on How am I saved?

I am excited to see what comes of each of these topics as I do my homework on them. Thank you all for voicing your opinions and desires and pushing me to sharpen myself as I present these great subjects. I look forward not only to writing them up but also interacting with you over them. Let us not make this simply academic - let's take a look at how to apply the truths we learn daily.

Now, I have to get reading...

0 comments:

Post a Comment