Friday, April 20, 2012

Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy....

I think I heard that phrase approximately 48,000 times this evening. Mostly, though not exclusively, from Hudson. Hudson has always been a daddy's boy. That has only become more accentuated in these last months, and especially in the last couple of weeks.

Tonight, I think we hit the peak. I actually had to marvel at how many times my name was said in a 2 hour time frame. I laugh even now as I think of it. The singular focus of Hudson's mind was nothing short of amazing. I've never witnessed such a laser-like vision from him. It was all me, all the time, all night.

To be very honest, in the moment, nights like this are exhausting. I was ready to fall asleep on Hudson's bed while I rubbed his back. He's still in a toddler bed, but in spite of the size, it felt remarkably comfortable. In the moment, nights like tonight are very difficult, a little frustrating, and can instantly zap one's energy.

In the long run, though, it's a different story. I am committed to responding to Hudson when he calls. I am trusting that this will communicate to him that his father hears him, and that will translate into his trusting that his Heavenly Father will likewise respond when he calls on Him. So, Hudson calls out, over and over again.

My response? Every time it's the same:

"Yeah, buddy, what's up?"

1 comment:

  1. Let those words, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy", forever echo in your ears, for they are the sweetest in the most sour times! Daddy is now Mommy too, and that just makes it all that much sweeter!

    ReplyDelete